County Funds for Deschutes County Food, Shelter and Clothing
At United Way of Central Oregon, our primary role and responsibility is to ensure community members are cared for. We are here to help right now – directing our efforts and resources to where they will have the greatest impact for our community’s most vulnerable.
We are now accepting applications from local 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations in Deschutes County wishing to receive funding for these services. SCROLL DOWN TO APPLY FOR FUNDING.
Our partnership with Deschutes County enables us to be responsive to our community’s immediate needs, and so we have developed a simplified grant application process to expedite distribution of Emergency Food, Shelter, and Clothing funds to nonprofits providing essential services in our community.
Deschutes County has been awarded $78,400 for community emergency services provided by nonprofit organizations. All organizations providing essential services regionally to individuals in Deschutes County are eligible to apply for a grant from United Way of Central Oregon.
The application window is now open and will close on August 20th.
Any applicant funded by this program must certify that it:
- has the capability to provide emergency services within Deschutes County
- has the staff and capacity to take on the added responsibility of this program
- proposes to use funds to supplement or expand existing programs and services
- is a nonprofit with a 501c3 status
- has an accounting system and a valid email address
- practices nondiscrimination. Those agencies with a religious affiliation must agree not to refuse service to an applicant based on religion, nor engage in religious proselytizing or religious counseling
- will provide required reports and documentation, as requested
- will spend all funds and close out the program in the next 12 months
For more information or questions about the applications, contact: Kati Hannigan, Community Impact Associate at firstname.lastname@example.org.